8905 208th Ave NE cerca Union Hill Road
Job Title: Administrative Assistant (part-time, with full-time potential)
Position Type: Staff (non-faculty), Exempt, Part time (with full-time potential), 12 mo.
Reports to: Executive Assistant
Hourly Rate: $23 per hour
Closing Date: When Filled
Start Date: Immediately
Application: Accepted at https://www.tbcs.org/employment
The Bear Creek School is a classical Christian School for Preschool – 12th grade. We are a nondenominational, private, day school accredited by the Northwest Association of Independent Schools (NWAIS) and Cognia. Please see our website, www.tbcs.org, for additional information.
The administrative assistant is employed part time at an hourly rate. This position may work additional hours and as they are on-call to work when a receptionist, attendance coordinator, or other general office staff are on vacation or have called out sick, sometimes with advance notice and at other times with little notice. The administrative assistant would be provided on-the-job training and would be responsible to act upon general office duties, including but not limited to the following tasks in the absence of our receptionist, attendance coordinator, or other general office staff:
Primary Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Provides support and back-up to the front desk at each of our three campuses
• Coordinates travel for new hire candidates and school personnel as needed
• Manages school uniform vendors and acts as point of contact
• Coordinates gifts on behalf of the school or as assigned
• Works with school photographer to coordinate school photos
• May assist Executive Assistant with event coordination as needed
• Composes, types and edits e-mails, letters, newsletters, agendas, and other documents as assigned
• Communicates with a wide variety of people, teachers, students, parents, staff members, outside vendors
• Performs other related duties as assigned
• High school diploma required, postsecondary coursework and previous professional office experience highly desired
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer. No sponsorship is available for this position.
• Currently held CPR/AED/First Aid Certification (with Epinephrine Auto Injector supplement included), or arrangements made to obtain certification within 90 days of employment start date.
Critical Performance Competencies
• Positively support the school’s policies and practices and work collaboratively in a professional organization
• Truthful, positive, and purposeful when communicating with others
• Able to use strong written and oral communication skills to transfer thoughts and express ideas
• Flexible and adaptable in dealing with new, different or changing requirements
• Maintain confidentiality and security of information.
• Hold self and others accountable to accomplish results
• Effective in handling multiple concurrent tasks
• Familiar with Microsoft Word and Outlook, ability to learn and work with the school’s integrated data-based software package as needed
• Adhere to biblical standards in all areas of conduct
• Work in a highly engaged environment dealing with a variety of creative challenges, tasks, deadlines, and personalities
• May work at a desk and computer for extended periods of time
• Regularly use close and distance vision
• Occasionally lift up to 30 pounds
• Work in a traditional climate controlled office environment with occasional visits between campus buildings, requiring exposure throughout the day to the outside elements
The Bear Creek School is an equal opportunity employer and is required by law to perform background checks on selected qualified candidates. All employees of The Bear Creek School must agree to carry out their responsibilities in a manner that is consistent with The Bear Creek School’s Mission Statement, Statement of Faith, Employee Handbook, and conduct themselves in a manner consistent with Biblical standards.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees and students.
Compensación: $23 per hour
job title: Administrative Assistant (part-time)
organización sin ánimo de lucro
tipo de empleo: tiempo parcial