Successful catering company is looking for a friendly customer service-oriented employee for catering sales and event planning to begin immediately. We are looking for an enthusiastic, food loving individual with a genuine love of customer service. We need someone who is capable of juggling various tasks with ease, remains composed under pressure, and has a keen eye for detail.
Our clientele includes large corporate groups, private individuals, and non-profit organizations and a range of events from breakfast and lunch deliveries to after-hours cocktail parties and weddings. In addition, the company has regular food service accounts with Seattle-area companies and an Espresso Bar.
We are seeking a sales and event wiz who can work closely with our clients in all stages of planning their events. Candidate must have a wide knowledge of food and how to put together a dynamite menu in co-operation with our kitchen team. While we work closely with event planners, we also often take on that role for our clients and are looking for someone who is comfortable in that role. Primary scope of work would be weddings, fundraising events, large scale corporate events, and holiday parties.
Scope of Position
1. Responsible for high level events for private clients (weddings, etc.), and corporate clients (team building events, holiday parties, etc.)
2. Event and menu planning for events, from start to finish. Will include:
a. Responding to email and phone requests for catering information
b. Assisting clients with menu selections for diverse budgets and dietary preferences
c. Creating delicious and memorable menus to fit the occasion, providing wine/beer/cocktail pairing recommendations as needed
d. Managing clients’ needs and expectations
e. Working with venue (as applicable) to ensure guidelines are met (includes site visits as needed)
f. Putting together all aspects of the event, including staffing, rentals, and décor, as needed
• Minimum 3 years of experience in sales and/or event planning in foodservice or hospitality
• Must have a passion for food! Strong working knowledge of food (different menus and cuisines) and beverage
• Highly organized, detail oriented, and professional in interactions with clients and colleagues
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Skilled at managing competing priorities with limited resources
• Advanced knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• College degree a plus
• Flexibility: This is a small business where all our employees are required to be flexible and open minded. You may be required to work nights and weekends occasionally, or you may be asked to do any random task from driving food to Puyallup to fixing a paper jam in a printer.
Compensation: $58k-$60k DOE, with health insurance, 401K, paid vacation, and free lunch.
To apply please email a cover letter and your resume with references
Compensación: $58k-$60k DOE, with health insurance, 401K, paid vacation, and free lunch.
job title: Catering Sales and Event Planner
tipo de empleo: tiempo completo