11200 SE 6th Street
Join the Bellevue Club and Hotel team. As the premier athletic and social club on Seattle’s Eastside, the Bellevue Club is a gathering place for the Northwest’s most celebrated and visionary citizens. Dedicated to the well-being of its members, the property merges 250,000 square feet of world-class fitness facilities, four unique dining spaces with exclusive recreational, social, and business areas. Members enjoy yoga classes, tennis matches, lunches with family, wine dinners and more. The property is also home to the Bellevue Club Hotel, a luxury 66-room boutique hotel, and a full-service spa with innovative wellness offerings.
The Bellevue Club Business Office is in search of an experienced, skilled, and diligent Financial Director to join the team. The Financial Director is responsible for development and maintenance of all external financing requirements, maintain relationships with external entities and Club managers, debt and financing proposals and RFP’s, short- and longer-term credit facilities, repayment schedules and projections, quarterly and annual covenant and reporting requirements. Also provides recommendations to General Partner for decision making on all the foregoing.
Bellevue Club offers a competitive benefits package including:
• Competitive Salary starting at $165,000 per year DOE plus annual bonus
• Company paid Medical, Dental and Vision benefits the first day of the month following 60 days of employment for employee and eligible dependents
• An outstanding employer matched 401(k) plan
• Free parking, manager discounts at Spa and Food and Beverage Outlets
• Flexible schedules with a focus on work/life balance
• A beautiful, recently remodeled hotel and cutting-edge fitness facility
• A unique, thriving, fun and busy environment.
Essential Responsibilities Include:
• Club Operational Management –
o Oversees the Controller and IT Director positions
o Oversight of all Club control systems in conjunction with the Controller.
o Oversight of overall and departmental profitability and all cost centers.
o Oversight of overall Club payroll and labor costs.
o Development and maintenance of department manager quarterly incentives and annual incentives for key managers and division heads.
• Club Finance Functions –
o Responsible for development and maintenance of all external financing requirements (Debt management). Includes relationships with external entities and relationship managers, debt and financing proposals and RFP’s, short- and longer-term credit facilities, repayment schedules and projections, quarterly and annual covenant and reporting requirements. Provides recommendations to General Partner for decision making on all the foregoing.
o Responsible for obtaining and maintaining the annual property and liability insurance program. Work with approved brokers, complete all applications and information requests, review proposed quotes from carriers, evaluation of coverage limits and deductibles, etc. Provides recommendations to General Partner for decision making.
• Financial Systems and Reporting –
o Responsible for Financial system design and maintenance. Includes accounting structure, chart of accounts, accounting objectives, costing and allocation decisions. Directly manages the financial reporting package and software, including requested updates, new departments and/or activities, and annul budget input.
o Final review of monthly accounting journal entries by business office staff.
o Production of all Financial statements for internal and external reporting.
o Production and distribution of quarterly financial summaries and explanatory narratives for external parties.
• Annual Processes –
o Responsible for development of annual business plan.
o Responsible for year-end audit, reviews, and tax preparation work by outside CPA.
o Responsible for production of year-end IF census reports. Accounting decisions on individual account balances and income recognition for tax purposes.
• Other Management and Financial Functions –
o Capital Expenditure Tracking and Reporting. Develop and maintain overall annual and major project budgets. Collaborate with Club Manager on budgets, project timing, change orders, design, contractor, vendor issues. Advise General Partner on project costs and go no-go decisions.
o Prepare monthly projections of income and expense and cash flow for current year reporting package.
o Membership dues billing – final sign-off of monthly accounts, total $, taxes billed to membership.
o Provide General Partner and Club Manager ad hoc information, reports, projections, and analysis as requested.
Financial Director Qualifications Include:
• BBA/BS in Accounting
• CPA certificate. 3-5 years of audit experience in a CPA firm desired.
• Industry Experience. 3-5 years’ experience as a Controller or similar financial management position. Hospitality experience desired.
• Insurance – obtaining and management of property, liability insurance programs.
• Banking – obtaining and managing debt, loan covenants, interest rate risks, repayment schedules.
• Investments – oversight and placement of reserve funds using fixed income, equity, and/or hedging instruments.
• Health Plan – oversight and management of self-insured plan of employee benefits.
• 401-k Plan – Experience in oversight and administration of 401-k fund assets.
• Trustee on Medical and 401-k Plans.
• Financial/Accounting system – experience in development and maintenance of financial reporting systems.
• Business Metrics – experience in use of dash boards and use of metrics in financial reporting. Identification of critical business factors for senior management and owners
• Annual Business Planning – oversight of development and timely submission of annual plan. Includes departmental projects and goals, non-quantitative objectives, 12-month P&L budgets, capital project identification.
• Incentive plans – development and monitoring of quarterly and annual incentive plans for department and division managers to identify and attain financial goals.
• Capital Projects – monitors financial progress of approved capital projects against budgets. Review of all change orders and final accounting and reporting. Participant on project team.
How To Apply:
If you are looking for a beautiful, fun, professional yet casual atmosphere and a great work environment, apply today at: www.bellevueclub.com/careers.
*At Bellevue Club we are taking every precaution to ensure our workplace is safe. We are following federal health and safety guidelines as well as guidance from our state and local governments.
Compensación: $165,000 per year DOE + Annual Bonus + Free Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance + Great employer matched 401k plan +Free parking and Discounts
job title: Financial Director
tipo de empleo: tiempo completo