700 Virginia St
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
FareStart is a nonprofit organization in Seattle, Washington that transforms lives, disrupts poverty, and nourishes communities through food, life skills, and job training. We help people overcome employment barriers by teaching them work and life skills they need to succeed in the food-based jobs — and in life.
Since the beginning of the COVID-19 crisis, FareStart has provided millions of meals to organizations across the Seattle area that serve youth, adults, and families who are low-income or experiencing food insecurity.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
As the Innovation Associate-Production, you will facilitate the integration of food recovery products into Innovation activities. You will work in the kitchen to prepare and process food and support Community Market/Innovation events as needed.
This is a permanent grant‐funded position. The candidate will be required to complete an intake session and questionnaire as part of the consideration for employment. The questionnaire and intake session will be completed by the public funding organization.
– Works in the kitchen to prepare food in an efficient, effective, safe, clean & collaborative manner.
– Drives FareStart vans and trucks as needed to pick up and deliver Food Donations and to support Community –
– Market/Innovation events.
– Provides customer service to chefs, colleagues, partners, & recipients.
– Relays excellent communications relating to donations tracking and information relevant to operations.
– Provides timely information relevant to operations, especially notifications regarding equipment and facilities needs/challenges.
– High school education or equivalent.
– Two years of experience in an administrative or customer service role.
– Valid, State Issued Driver’s License
– Proficient in entering and analyzing complex data.
– Ability to manage competing time limits.
– Ability to work independently, be flexible, and take ownership of assigned tasks; ability to resolve problems independently, and with a team.
– A commitment to excellence through teamwork, positive change, and communication.
COVID-19 Consideration: FareStart requires that all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
– Associate Degree in food service, business or other relevant field, preferred.
– 1-2 years of experience in a customer service role; customer food service, preferred.
-Proficient use of Microsoft Office suite and other relevant software; Micros, OpenTable, and/or Caterease, preferred.
– Knowledge of business planning/modeling is a plus.
– Competitive pay based on experience and qualifications.
– Paid time-off (3 weeks first year of employment) and paid holidays
– 401(k) savings plan
– Health, disability, and life insurance
– Free ORCA pass
– Free Shift Meal (when on-site)
Why Should You Apply?
– Be part of our mission to disrupt poverty.
– Join a supportive, respectful, and celebratory community among our staff, students, partners, and volunteers
– Organizational commitment to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace
– FareStart encourages the personal and professional growth of its employees
APPLY HERE: https://hrbrg.co/w7iomp
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity –
FareStart is committed to becoming a fully inclusive, antiracist, diverse organization. To fulfill our mission, vision and values we are seeking candidates who demonstrate shared values of diversity, equity, inclusion, and antiracism.
Our Commitment to Anti-Racism –
FareStart defines antiracism as the clear acknowledgment that racism permeates organizations, communities, and industries, including our own. We recognize that we have a duty to be vigilant in addressing and confronting racism in how we make decisions, show up in our communities, build business practices and policies, and engage in intentional partnerships and philanthropic endeavors to fulfill our mission and vision.
Compensación: $21 + based on experience
job title: Innovation Associate – Production
tipo de empleo: tiempo completo