Law Firm in Everett, WA is seeking a full-time (37.5 hours/per week) litigation paralegal/legal assistant with a minimum of three years’ experience in family law and/or probate litigation. The ideal candidate will be a polished and personable professional with strong organizational skills who can multi-task and prioritize, work independently, problem solve and communicate effectively with team members and clients.
The candidate will work collaboratively alongside 2 attorneys in the areas of family law, probate, and related litigation. You must be a proactive, charismatic team player who enjoys working with clients. Our fast-paced work environment requires strong interpersonal skills, attention to detail, and strong work ethic. For family law paralegals, proficiency with Family Soft required.
We value excellent work and a supportive collegial environment. Our staff members are critical and valued team members.
• Start and manage client files following firm’s procedures with supervision from intake through trial preparation and trial.
• Responsible for case file maintenance; collecting and organizing documentation from clients, other parties, and entities, etc.
• Communicate effectively with clients, courts, expert witnesses and opposing counsel and be responsible for court deadlines.
• File, organize and manage all client and legal documentation; information must be easily accessible to any member of the team at any time.
• Maintain confidential client and firm information in accordance with firm policies.
• Additional legal and administrative duties as needed.
• 3-5 years’ experience as a litigation paralegal or legal assistant.
• Able to manage detailed client intake.
• Self-sufficient in locating and distilling information while asking proactive questions of attorney team members.
• Strategic decision maker; able to produce high quality work under tight timelines.
• Strong organizational skills with ability to track and monitor deadlines.
• Operates with a high degree of accuracy with strong attention to detail.
• Graceful and effective under pressure in demanding environments.
• Proven ability to establish professional relationships with colleagues and external clients.
• Support the firm’s values in working as part of a team to deliver high quality service.
• Excellent command of the English language in a written and verbal capacity.
• Able to learn quickly and adapt to firm’s procedures and policies.
• Responds well to constructive feedback and able to learn quickly.
• Strong MS office skills and able to learn new software quickly and independently.
$55-60,000+/DOE including comprehensive benefits. Full-time work is defined as 37.5 hours per week.
Please send your detailed cover letter and resume in PDF format. Please note, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Compensación: $55-60,000+/DOE including comprehensive benefits. Full-time work is defined as 37.5 hours per week.
job title: Paralegal/Legal Assistant for Family Law/Probate
tipo de empleo: tiempo completo