Do you love being outdoors, hiking in the backcountry or on urban trails, learning new skills and accomplishing hands-on projects? Washington Conservation Corps (WCC) is recruiting AmeriCorps members for field crews across the state! The WCC provides environmental experience, field skills, and training opportunities for young adults (ages 18-25) and military veterans.
Serving on a WCC crew means spending your days outdoors, in all types of weather, accomplishing projects that restore and enhance critical landscapes across Washington. Crew members serve on a crew of five, along with an experienced supervisor who provides training, mentorship, and development opportunities. Activities may range from planting trees and shrubs, to using hand and power tools, to building trails, bridges, boardwalks and more. Our field crews are located across the state, focusing on every aspect of environmental restoration and recreation enhancement. From backcountry trail crews to urban restoration crews – we have an opportunity for you!
WCC prioritizes physical and emotional safety, and provides training for all field activities. Physical distancing is encouraged and daily health screenings for members and staff are required as we continue to support the health and safety of our program and communities we serve amidst COVID-19. WCC-provided KN95 masks may be required under certain conditions such as serving with volunteers.
Members are also eligible for:
• Living allowance of $1,253 twice a month ($2,506 per month)
• Some crews travel for four or eight days at a time to complete projects (known as going on “spike”). Members also deploy across Washington or nationally to support communities after natural disasters, as opportunities arise. Travel expenses and food provided by WCC during spike projects or disaster response deployments.
• AmeriCorps Education Award of $6,495 (scholarship) upon successful completion of 11-month contract (and 1700 hours)
• Educational loan forbearance and interest payments through AmeriCorps
• Basic healthcare offered by WCC
Positions in your area: WCC is recruiting to fill 284 positions across Washington State, including 27 positions in Snohomish County:
• CREW-LAKE STEVENS/SNOHOMISH CONSERVATION DISTRICT: 5 positions
• CREW-LAKE STEVENS/SNOHOMISH COUNTY: 5 positions
• CREW-*SULTAN/DNR RECREATION: 5 positions
*Base location may move to Monroe
• CREW-TULALIP/DNR MARINE DEBRIS REMOVAL PROGRAM: 5 positions
• CREW-TULALIP/TULALIP TRIBES: 5 positions
• IP- EVERETT/MOUNT BAKER-SNOQUALMIE NATIONAL FOREST: 1 position
• IP-LAKE STEVENS/SNOHOMISH CONSERVATION DISTRICT: 1 position
Eligibility and Terms of Service
Age range: Must be 18-25 years old, with exceptions for those with military service or with mental or sensory disabilities. Strong preference is given to Washington state residents. Successful applicants will be required to verify their vaccination record or seek a medical or religious exemption for the 22-23 service term.
Typical schedule: 40 hours per week, Monday – Thursday, 7 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. When traveling, schedule could alternately be Thursday – Thursday (10-hour days) with six days off prior.
Start and end date: October 3, 2022 – September 7, 2023
AmeriCorps Eligibility: US Citizen, US National, or Lawful Permanent US Resident Alien
Learn more and apply online today: https://www.ecology.wa.gov/wcc.
Compensación: See position description
job title: WCC AmeriCorps member
tipo de empleo: tiempo completo